Are you driven by improving the lives of others? Ogilvy in San Francisco is seeking a well-rounded, self-starting public relations professional to join the team as an Account Director. By joining Ogilvy, you'll be part of a highly-skilled team dedicated to helping people be safer, healthier, and happier through social marketing initiatives -- with a focus on public health and community resilience communications. Immediate needs exist to support a unique program to help increase our nation's resilience to natural disasters, one community at a time. Our program is designed to engage a broad array of national and local stakeholders around the issues of natural disaster mitigation and recovery, climate adaptation, and economic stability to strengthen the arguments for local communities to take actions to protect themselves. This program functions on national, regional, and community levels, and is extremely dynamic with many moving parts and engaged organizations. The project includes a variety of disciplines related to risk communication and behavior change among the public and key decision makers—traditional and social media relations, materials development and dissemination, partnership development, event planning and execution, and strategic planning.
- Proactively support account lead in managing the client relationship by maintaining frequent contact with, and serving as a trusted advisor for, the client.
- Acting as a liaison between the client and our in-house creative and social media strategists, subcontractors, outside suppliers, and, other internal and external audiences.
- Independently developing and managing projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets, and timelines, with support from junior- and senior-level staff, as appropriate.
- Building and managing relationships with campaign and program partners at the national and local levels.
- Works with clients to fulfill financial and administrative requirements.
- Ensures that the team contributes quality ideas and recommendations for new/expanded proposals for additional scopes of work.
- Delivers strong analyses, strategy, and concepts to program development and provides strong leadership for existing work.
- Has strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings, as well as can direct the development of the full range of materials needed for clients.
- Participates in Ogilvy's business development efforts.
- Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs as well as ensuring team understands process as well.
- Provides day-to-day counsel to team members and manages staff to maximize productivity.
- Manages timely performance appraisals and delivers timely feedback on job performance and career development.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, urban planning, sustainability, public affairs, or related field. · 5 -7 years of communication/public relations experience is required; prior public relations agency, consulting, or other client-facing experience is required; government agency experience is preferred, but not required. · Superior account management skills including client relations, project management, and organizational skills. · Shows strong team communication and commitment; Demonstrates reliability, flexibility, curiosity, most importantly good listening skills.· Strong supervisory skills. · Proven ability to work well independently and within a highly collaborative team environment. · Experience in community engagement, partnership development, and supporting advertising or integrated marketing campaigns desirable. · Excellent attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment. · Demonstrated strategic thinking and writing skills, as well as past experience developing and executing strategic ideas and programs. · Demonstrated client relations skills, including working successfully through challenging or complex situations; overcoming obstacles; and positioning oneself as a trusted adviser. · Past experience contributing to the pursuit of new business, including proposal development, is preferred.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top