Account Director – Corporate PR
Who is Ogilvy Public Relations?
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO:
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80markets. Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in business, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices.
Ogilvy PR is looking to hire an experienced and ambitious Account Director to join its award-winning corporate and public affairs practice and part of the Holmes Report 2015 UK Agency of Year.
The successful candidate will be able to lead complex international accounts on day to day basis, adding value through his or her corporate communications and B2B knowledge, client handling and account management skills. Experience in upstream oil and gas an advantage as well as knowledge of issues and crisis. Insight and understanding of OPR’s wider specialisms including brand purpose and sustainability, internal comms, creative and content would also stand the candidate in good stead.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning and fast-growing team at the UK’s leading integrated communications agency. OPR London is one of the core offices in OPR’s global network. It drives its EMEA activities and works with teams in North and South America and across Asia-Pacific frequently.
An Account Director provides leadership on their accounts, inspiring the highest standards in all team members whilst directing the Agency’s longer term relationship with the Client. As an Account Director you are responsible for developing strong and enduring Client relationships by acting as a partner in developing marketing strategy, adding value to the Client’s business. In addition to adopting overall management of key accounts you will also be responsible for the line management of other members of the client services team. We would also expect you to be involved in new business opportunities when they arise.
- Understands all aspects of the brand and the dynamics operating in the market, as well as the challenges facing clients’ business in the short to midterm.
- Applies innovative thinking to the development of insightful communication strategies and a longer term brand vision
- Be a sound judge of creative work, able to coherently argue the case for or against creative work based on the brief and factual accuracy, both internally and with the Client.
- A good cross-discipline understanding, i.e. an up-to-date grasp of planning and media tools, print and production techniques, and below-the-line communication channels including PR, Sales Promotion, Direct Marketing, Sponsorship and Interactive.
- Presenting agency work in a clear, persuasive way
- Long term project planning; working with the production controller to develop long-term WIPs to ensure resource is in place & projects timings are planned efficiently
- Monthly forecasts and updates to report to agency management team
- Ensure contracts are negotiated and in place for existing and new clients
- Negotiation of fee and other rates with new clients
- Proactively look for ways to improve the agency’s processes, agree and launch any changes to wider team
- Scope of work negotiations with existing clients
- Responsible for regular client/agency reviews & follow up on all active
- Be the Client’s point of contact on strategic, creative and resource issues.
- Involve sister companies as appropriate to provide 360º solutions to the Client’s business.
- Represents and merchandises the Client’s business within the Agency.
- Ensures the Agency allocates sufficient and appropriate resource to complete tasks effectively
- Oversees and provides support to the Account Manager so that all projects are completed to the highest standards, on brief, on budget and on time.
- Take an active part in the Recruitment of new team members as appropriate
- Overseeing projects and ensuring clients receive status reports, contact reports, monthly reports etc.
- Preparation of creative and small job briefs & guidance to account managers to develop these
- Actively drive client activity if appropriate and suggest strategic and tactical solutions to their marketing objectives
- Developing existing clients by using contacts / database to follow up leads and create new opportunity
- once strategy agreed with new business team
- Oversee and manage pitches
- Monitor and report back on account and team KPIs
- Share account servicing best practice across the agency
- Identify and flag opportunities for billable projects
- Flag up current/potential issues to the client
- Generate ideas for new campaigns and see them through to completion
- Monitor media liaison procedures and suggest improvements
- Provides an overall vision and direction for the creative work and ensuring it is set in the correct business context
- Responsible for setting the creative context on the business: knowing what type of communication the brand needs, understanding what the client
- Is an excellent judge of creative work and assumes responsibility for the quality of creative ideas that are presented to the Client
- Gives serious consideration to the best way to sell creative work through the Client – and then does so with total conviction
- Takes overall responsibility for client approvals, ensuring that the client is managed effectively through the process
- Actively seeks to inspire creative team from the outset through innovative briefing techniques, providing an overall vision and direction for the creative work, ensuring it is set in the correct business context
- Ensure Creative teams remain motivated and enthused from the moment of briefing to the final stages of production
- B2b account handling experience working in an agency, in Account Management.
- Experience at AD level or above
- Experience of introducing Digital into Client briefs.
- Experience of Global clients.
- Previous line management experience of a team.
- Experience of preparing and delivering presentations / proposals of a strategic nature.
Removal Date 21-Apr-2017
Back to top