Account Director, Corporate - Ogilvy PR
A day in the life of...
This is a great opportunity to join a winning and fast-growing team at the UK's leading integrated communications agency. OPR London is one of the core offices in OPR's global network. It drives its EMEA activities and works with teams in North and South America and across Asia-Pacific frequently. A Senior Account Director provides leadership on their accounts, inspiring the highest standards in all team members whilst directing the Agency's longer term relationship with the Client. As an Account Director you are responsible for developing strong and enduring Client relationships by acting as a partner in developing marketing strategy, adding value to the Client's business. In addition to adopting overall management of key accounts you will also be responsible for the line management of other members of the client services team. We would also expect you to be involved in new business opportunities when they arise.
We rely on you to...
- Understands all aspects of the brand and the dynamics operating in the market, as well as the challenges facing clients' business in the short to midterm.
- Applies innovative thinking to the development of insightful communication strategies and a longer term brand vision
- Be a sound judge of creative work, able to coherently argue the case for or against creative work based on the brief and factual accuracy, both internally and with the Client.
- A good cross-discipline understanding, i.e. an up-to-date grasp of planning and media tools, print and production techniques, and below-the-line communication channels including PR, Sales Promotion, Direct Marketing, Sponsorship and Interactive.
- Presenting agency work in a clear, persuasive way
- Long term project planning; working with the production controller to develop long-term WIPs to ensure resource is in place & projects timings are planned efficiently
- Monthly forecasts and updates to report to agency management team • Ensure contracts are negotiated and in place for existing and new clients
- Negotiation of fee and other rates with new clients
- Proactively look for ways to improve the agency's processes, agree and launch any changes to wider team
- Scope of work negotiations with existing clients
- Responsible for regular client/agency reviews & follow up on all active • Accounts • Be the Client's point of contact on strategic, creative and resource issues. • Involve sister companies as appropriate to provide 360º solutions to the Client's business. • Represents and merchandises the Client's business within the Agency. • Ensures the Agency allocates sufficient and appropriate resource to complete tasks effectively • Oversees and provides support to the Account Manager so that all projects are completed to the highest standards, on brief, on budget and on time. • Take an active part in the Recruitment of new team members as appropriate • Overseeing projects and ensuring clients receive status reports, contact reports, monthly reports etc. • Preparation of creative and small job briefs & guidance to account managers to develop these • Actively drive client activity if appropriate and suggest strategic and tactical solutions to their marketing objectives • Developing existing clients by using contacts / database to follow up leads and create new opportunity • once strategy agreed with new business team • Oversee and manage pitches • Monitor and report back on account and team KPIs • Share account servicing best practice across the agency • Identify and flag opportunities for billable projects • Flag up current/potential issues to the client • Generate ideas for new campaigns and see them through to completion • Monitor media liaison procedures and suggest improvements Creative Management: • Provides an overall vision and direction for the creative work and ensuring it is set in the correct business context • Responsible for setting the creative context on the business: knowing what type of communication the brand needs, understanding what the client • Is an excellent judge of creative work and assumes responsibility for the quality of creative ideas that are presented to the Client • Gives serious consideration to the best way to sell creative work through the Client – and then does so with total conviction • Takes overall responsibility for client approvals, ensuring that the client is managed effectively through the process • Actively seeks to inspire creative team from the outset through innovative briefing techniques, providing an overall vision and direction for the creative work, ensuring it is set in the correct business context • Ensure Creative teams remain motivated and enthused from the moment of briefing to the final stages of production
You are great at...
Client Management & Satisfaction:
Responsible for the planning, strategic direction and overall running of campaigns across accounts. Has strong client relationships and can delegate work effectively to the wider team to ensure deliverables are met and workflow is effectively managed. Looks at ways to improve processes in line with client needs and proactively looks for new incremental opportunities on the account. Adaptable in working across new campaigns or with new clients with little or no support from senior members of the team. Collaborate across the agency, wider Ogilvy group and with external partners to ensure client work is best practice and to find new ways of exceeding client expectations.
Effective Management: Leads, motivates and mentors account team, managing the range of PMP activities for AEs and AMs. Actively supports AsD and Practice Lead in all aspects of the recruitment process. Ensures account teams are servicing contracts effectively and meeting billability targets. Manages team to maximize productivity and financial performance.
New Business Understanding & Capability: Provides strategic support to the Director/Managing Partner ensuring proposals respond to specific client briefs. Actively supports all pitch planning and implementation and identifies ways to grow current client investment. Lead on data/research insight and analysis. Attend pitches as appropriate. Commercial Acumen: Responsible for accurate payment, client invoicing and close budget planning and management. Understands resource structures for the team and the commercial impact on the business. Ensures retainer spending is in line with projections and team hours are managed appropriately within fee/SOW for client teams. Has awareness of team P&L and demonstrates an understanding of overall account commercials knowledge (profitability). Maintains effective budget planning and is responsible for close budget management. Specialist Expertise: Proactively develops own specialist area and helps others to develop. Shows curiosity about latest industry developments and shares knowledge with own specialist community, across the agency and with clients.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top