Account Director, Consumer Public Relations
Ogilvy's New York office is seeking a highly skilled, accomplished professional with a minimum of seven years of consumer PR experience to work on one of our largest lifestyle accounts. Candidates must have strong client management skills, superior presentation skills and the ability to manage the day-to-day business and client relationship on a piece of business (or several small projects) within a large client account. Candidates must also possess the ability to be a team leader, independently develop programs, oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a business development role on his/her piece of business and also offer strategic client counsel with confidence.
- Ensures management of client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client contacts and ensures that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels and grow over time.
- Leverages full resources of the firm and ensures the development of increased client/agency points of contact.
- In managing account teams ensures that work is delegated to the appropriate experience levels within the team structure.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Directs development of range of materials developed by account team including client memos, press releases, speeches, articles, brochures, presentation and collateral materials.
Efficiently and effectively plans and manages large-scale events.
- Develops and guides media relations strategy.
- Leads growth of existing accounts and works with senior leaders to develop and direct new business program development and presentations.
- 7+ years in a public relations role, lifestyle experience highly preferred
- Strong project management, counseling, programming, people management and business development skills
- Understanding of how to manage budgets for pieces of business or several projects within a large account
- Experience managing people and teams, strengthening team dynamics and inspiring success.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top