Ogilvy is seeking an experienced, tech-savvy communications professional with Gaming, VR or consumer-tech expertise/passion to join our San Francisco office as an Account Director. As an AD, you will join a very smart, talented and dynamic group of professionals working on a prestigious list of clients. Our ability to deliver successful campaigns, find creative solutions and exceed client expectations has earned us a reputation as a valued partner and industry leader.
An Account Director is a high-level professional with strong project management, budgeting, counseling, programming and people management skills. A capable project and account manager who can handle a wide range of assignments and who manages a piece of a large account, or a few smaller ones, with little senior top cover. As a firm-wide leader, the AD demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision and performance goals.
An account director meets all responsibilities and expectations of an account supervisor and:
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, directing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from more senior staff as appropriate
- Anticipates and leads the resolution of emerging account problems
- Develops, manages projects/programs including implementing programs, staffing plans, budgets, & timelines
- Ensures team is appropriately involved and informed and that the team can articulate and apply agency vision, goals, and practice area capabilities
- Provides insights to clients and team members to improve effectiveness of programs
- Develops and oversees accurate project budgets and timely distribution of bills and reports
- Follows up with clients on collections and other financial and administrative details
- Ensures that team contributes quality ideas and recommendations for new/expanded proposals
- Delivers strong analyses, strategy, and concepts to program development and provides strong leadership for existing accounts
- Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs as well as ensuring team understands process as well.
- Provides day-to-day counsel to team members and manages staff to maximize productivity
- Manages timely performance appraisals and delivers timely feedback on job performance and career development
- 8+ years experience in corporate or brand communications, prior PR agency experience preferred
- Background experience and/or knowledge of gaming, VR, and/or consumer technology necessary
- Media relations, influencer engagement and online/social experience
- Incredibly organized, proactive account manager
- Experience managing integrated marketing campaigns with budgets of $1M or higher (earned, owned and paid media)
- Effective at working with cross-functional and remote teams
- High energy, deadline driven, accountable
- Leadership skills to drive for results
- Proven experience successfully managing mid-size to large agency clients - both from a client service and a program execution perspective
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage large budgets and staffing projections
- Strong strategic and creative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top