Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an experienced communications professional to join OgilvyEarth as an Account Director
(AD) in San Francisco. OgilvyEarth specializes in conducting strategic communications programs, which reach media,
influencers, consumers, employees, policymakers and investors, to meet clear objectives for clients. We help both entrepreneurial start-ups and major corporations tell a credible and compelling story about how products, services, and processes either harness renewable materials and energy sources, reduce theuse of natural resources and/or cut emissions and waste. Businesses need strategic communications to navigate the complex regulatory, legislative and reputational challenges facing the industry – and ensuring that brands compete and prevail
in today’s market is why our clients select OgilvyEarth.
An account director is a high-level professional with strong project management, budgeting, counseling, programming and people management skills. A capable project and account manager who can handle a wide range of assignments and who manages a piece of a large account, or a few smaller ones, with little senior top cover. As a firm-wide leader, the AD demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision and performance goals.
An account director meets all responsibilities and expectations of an account supervisor and:
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, directing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from more senior staff as appropriate
- Anticipates and leads the resolution of emerging account problems
- Develops, manages projects/programs including implementing programs, staffing plans, budgets, & timelines
- Ensures team is appropriately involved and informed and that the team can articulate and apply agency vision, goals, and practice area capabilities
- Provides insights to clients and team members to improve effectiveness of programs
- Develops and oversees accurate project budgets and timely distribution of bills and reports
- Follows up with clients on collections and other financial and administrative details
- Ensures that team contributes quality ideas and recommendations for new/expanded proposals
- Delivers strong analyses, strategy, and concepts to program development and provides strong leadership for existing accounts
- Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs as well as ensuring team understands process as well.
- Provides day-to-day counsel to team members and manages staff to maximize productivity
- Manages timely performance appraisals and delivers timely feedback on job performance and career development
Who are welooking for?
- 8+ years experience in corporate or brand communications, prior PR agency experience preferred
- Background experience with automotive industry and/or knowledge of large consumer brand companies preferred
- Experience managing integrated marketing campaigns with budgets of $1M or higher (earned, owned and paid media)
- Proven experience successfully managing mid-size to large agency clients – both from a client service and a program execution perspective
- Incredibly organized account manager
- Effective at working with cross-functional and remote teams
- High energy, deadline driven, accountable
- Leadership skills to drive for results
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage large budgets and staffing projections
- Media relations, influencer engagement and online/social experience
- Strong strategic and creative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Back to top