Are you looking to thrive in a smart, creative, cutting-edge environment?
This is an opportunity to join an account services team for one of the fastest growing marketing communication firms in the world. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people, in 450 offices, and is a member of the WPP family of companies. Our longstanding tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with our founder, David Ogilvy, and continues today over 60 years later.
This Account Director will work on one of the world’s top global brands and support a SVP, Executive Group Director in the strategy, development and execution of BtoB focused programs and campaigns across multi-channels. You will manage the coordination and execution of film/video, digital/social and print creative from concept to delivery, ensuring work is innovative, on strategy, within scope, and delivering on clients’ business objectives. The role also encompasses acting as key agency lead across multiple agency partners.
The ideal candidate has mastered the AD core competencies and is comfortable leading in a digital-first, data centric integrated manner . They are an advisor and partner to the client at the Sr. manager and marketing/category director levels. They have developed a keen ability for managing client based multi-discipline projects across the agency matrix and external agency partners. Communications planning experience a plus.
- Understanding the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business particularly in the B2B environment through direct and indirect channels
- Being a liaison to multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure integration across the business Monitoring, projecting and providing innovative solutions to marketing issues
- Demonstrating accountability for agency performance
- Understanding and navigating the Agency matrix and client matrix
- Ability to understand and manage a complex, multi-channel campaign across the various phases of the funnel / customer journey
- Ability to understand and manage details of a initiative or campaign in the context of a larger business picture
- Facilitate the development of project briefs, working with strategic planners and analysts
- Managing client expectations, objectives, timelines and budgets
- Acting as a resource to team members in assessing ideas and directions
- Facilitating their own and other’s ideas from development to presentation to execution
- Leading an integrated agency model to ensure agency teams are aligned and working against shared goals
- Guiding internal/partner teams to deliver integrated solutions from strategy and concept, through to execution, while adequately representing client interests
- Growing, inspiring and developing a career plan for director reports and junior staff
- 8-11+ years of account management experience required
- Demonstrated solid mid to senior-level client experience and ability to navigate complex client organizations required
- Proven track record of exceptional client service skills
- Needs to be comfortable with ambiguity at times (both with clients and internally), be able to demonstrate flexibility and creative problem solving
- Needs to be a team player, friendly, easy to work with
- Need to be able to handle many different personalities both internally and externally
- Needs to have had experience in communications planning, and ability to articulate examples of strategic recommendations they’ve provided, or sold in to clients
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting that is geographically dispersed
- Strong management skills to help identify and grow junior talent
- Heavy digital experience ranging from online advertising, social, mobile, UX, web development and analytics
- Mobile, carrier or telecom experience a definite plus
Back to top