Account Director, 4D - Ogilvy Healthworld
A day in the life of...
Ogilvy CommonHealth – the largest global network in healthcare communications – provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. In the UK, we operate under the name of OHW UK and comprise of over 220 healthcare communication specialists across the disciplines of advertising, medical communications, market access, clinical trial management, consulting, digital, and public relations. We believe we are like no other; we blaze new trails, we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge as well as generously reward our team.
Our approach is founded on a deep expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create meaningful professional and medical education in order to transform pharma capabilities, enable better clinical decisions and improve patient outcomes. Combined with the creative heritage and capabilities of the Ogilvy network, this makes Ogilvy Healthworld 'Scientifically Grounded, Creatively Driven'. This is our passion.
An exciting opportunity to work on a fast-growing and fast-paced global portfolio account.
This diverse account has delivered award-winning, innovative and creative projects across both traditional medical education initiatives, including symposia and advisory boards and evolving digital platforms and media. The established, friendly and supportive account team (comprised of client services and editorial) continually strives to push the boundaries of Medical Education through the implementation of innovative and unique tools and methods across projects. Their aim is to consistently go above and beyond the clients' expectations to deliver effective solutions as well as to establish strong relationships with stakeholders across the brand. With a strong focus on internal and external education and training, this account provides an outstanding opportunity to develop strategic and scientific communication expertise as well as project management and event skills in a creative, imaginative team and environment that supports professional and personal development.
We rely on you to...
- Responsibility for developing strategic programme and finalising programme activity and budget with client.
- Direct account team activity to ensure appropriate tactical programme is developed and implemented according to OHW Med Ed quality standards and achieves objectives.
- Ensure staff ownership and responsibility for projects for all members of the team.
- Maintain strategic overview of account, and proactively advise client on new issues/external environment and contribute to strategic planning meetings with client.
- Keep abreast of outside issues and events and regularly review impact on programme and client objectives in accordance with Managing Director.
- Instigate brainstorms to develop the strategic, creative direction of accounts.
- In-depth understanding of financial status of account at all times.
- Ensure resourcing within the account is appropriate at all times.
- Responsibility for account/project profitability and maintaining agreed fee income.
- Responsibility for negotiating and establishing financial arrangements with client in accordance with the Managing Director.
- Contribute to client marketing strategy and thinking.
- Monitor external environment and highlight key issues/crises and work with the Managing Director/Management Team to inform the client of implications and potential actions required.
- Maintain social contact with client personnel and regular contact about account direction, staffing, issues etc.
- Establish and maintain a role as consultant/adviser to client in partnership with Managing Director/ Management Team.
- Responsibility for highlighting issue management procedures to the client for implementation by the account team.
- Organise annual internal review of account and work with the Managing Director to implement outcomes.
- Organise client appraisal and support/work with the Managing Director to implement outcomes
- Create and develop opportunities for growing existing business within the confines of the programme.
- Responsibility for helping to develop and present new business pitches.
You are great at... People Management
- Development of staff and career planning
- Counselling and Coaching
- Appraisal and Regular Reviews
- Setting direction
- Role clarification
- Encouraging participation and contribution
- Shared leadership
- Diversity and disagreement valued
- Consensus decision making
- Planning and co-ordination
- Follow up and ongoing evaluation
- Development of Self
- Understanding business and applications
- Relationship building
- Strategic input/consulting and advising
- Maintaining existing client business
Financial Management and its application
- Budgetary Control
- Resources allocation
- Understanding profitability
- New business opportunities
- Strategic input
- Maintaining existing client business
- Use of 3rd party/professional relationships
- Media/tools available
- Communicating strategy to staff
- Understanding and use of IT
- Active Listening
- Honesty and openness
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Conflict management
- Core knowledge (industry, environment, economics and company)
- Quality assurance
- Selling skills
- Consultancy skills
- Project management
Corporate Being/Standard Bearer
- Change catalyst/manager
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top