The Public Relations team at the Chicago office of Ogilvy is
seeking a highly skilled, accomplished professional with a minimum of seven
years of consumer lifestyle PR experience. The Account Director will be
instrumental in developing and managing client programs, media and client relations.
This person will be instrumental in executing media outreach and serve as a key
media relations point person for client work. Candidates must also have strong
client management skills, superior presentation skills and the ability to
manage the day-to-day business and client relationship on a piece of business
(or several small projects) within a large client account. Candidates must also
possess the ability to be a team leader, independently develop programs,
oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a
business development role on his/her piece of business and also offer strategic
client counsel with confidence.
- Ensures management of client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including
- Implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans,
timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds
responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client
contacts and ensures that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels
and grow over time.
- Leverages full resources of the firm and ensures the development
of increased client/agency points of contact.
- In managing account teams ensures that work is delegated to
the appropriate experience levels within the team structure.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and
- Directs development of range of materials developed by
account team including client memos, press releases, speeches, articles,
brochures, presentation and collateral materials. Efficiently and effectively
plans and manages large-scale events.
- Develops and guides media relations strategy
- Uses a strong network of media relationships to drive
coverage for clients while building and maintaining new connections with key
- Demonstrates strong storytelling capabilities and a deep
understanding of what is newsworthy and how to create news
- Offers counsel and direction to both clients and junior
staff with regard to execution of media relations strategies
- Leads growth of existing accounts and works with senior
leaders to develop and direct new business program development and
- PR Agency or a blend of in-house and recent PR agency
experience is required.
- Has played a significant role in driving media results for
big, long-term and short-term campaigns for consumer brands
- Understands the ins and outs of journalism and can quickly
pinpoint the best media targets for new campaigns and client announcements
- Builds media lists through careful research and constructive
- Willingness to have phone conversations with reporters,
editors and producers to convey news
- Strong project management, counseling, programming, people management
and business development skills
- Understanding of how to manage budgets for pieces of
business or several projects within a large account
- Experience managing people and teams, strengthening team
dynamics and inspiring success.
- Creative, energetic and driven personality
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top