Senior Software Engineer
G'day. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. We're a values-based organisation and we're particularly proud of our genuinely diverse employee and partner makeup, globally collaborative culture, and internal knowledge and talent.
We have an agile, innovative and collaborative work environment in the fintech space. We share cross-functional knowledge and are working to build a highly productive technology team. All our software development takes place on-shore in our Sydney headquarters, so we truly can collaborate together on a day to day basis. We focus on producing world class software applications, used by recognised international financial organisations, such as Travelex, MoneyGram and ING Direct.
We take a cloud first approach and our stack includes the latest technology - React, Serverless, AWS, Microservices, Cloud First, .Net/.Net Core, Docker and we provide the opportunity for our our employees to upskill in these areas (if they haven't worked with these technologies as yet). Across our 11 scrum teams, we require slightly different skillsets.
We're looking for an energetic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to support the delivery of high quality code, focusing on delivering high quality application, automation and testing code, while contributing the greater technology team.
What you'll be doing:
- Work as part of a delivery team to ensure best practices are being followed and implemented
- Support on time code delivery adhering to quality and security standards, development practice improvement and effective code reviews
- Actively provide appropriate leadership as part of the product development team including mentorship and coaching
- Identify complex areas of code that require refactoring and technical debt; confirm that these are addressed as appropriate
- Display leadership qualities and a passion for working collaboratively
- Participate and help lead the Agile inception phases, contributing to user stories, story estimation and prioritization
- Contribute to solution design in line with our overall technical principles and industry best practice
What you'll bring:
- Min 5 years of commercial software development experience
- Commercial level experience with advanced coding techniques and practices in a DevOps environment
- Excellent understanding of Agile development methodology and development practices such as TDD, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Experience with AWS and/or other IAAS solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, and Infrastructure as Code
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Desire to bring innovation to the solution development process
- High level of self-motivation to achieve the ultimate team and company success
- Strong experience with unit testing and acceptance criteria frameworks
- Knowledge of relevant application architectures and frameworks
- Significant experience in designing web-based, service-oriented applications
Preferred skills (Not essential)
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) product development
- Experience designing, building and working with RESTful APIs
- Architectural design patterns and data modelling and design experience
What we offer:
Our environment is fully agile with a product focused methodology. Our full time in-house agile coach works with every team to constantly improve everything about what we do and how we do it. We're based in beautiful offices right in the Sydney CBD, have a look around: https://goo.gl/0pb1km
- Get the benefits of a start-up with the maturity of a listed company. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service, foosball table and beer fridge. You name it we've got it!
- Stay motivated by knowing your work really matters amongst a collaborative, creative and innovative team.
- Support yourself and fellow OFXers with our GVC (Good Vibes Committee) and Elevate (our health and wellness program) events. The GVC hosts a variety of events throughout the year and Elevate works to keep our employees healthy and happy!
- Bring your big ideas. We're here to listen. We value your insights and contributions, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
- Feel welcome. We believe personal diversity drives future-focused innovation. We're looking for outliers, game-changers and bridge-builders, but don't just take our word for it. Apply now, and come check it out for yourself.
Back to top