Senior Business Development Manager
- London, United Kingdom
We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services. We solve the complexity of moving money and enable better decisions. Headquartered in Sydney with offices worldwide, we're a customer-focused business that is all about inspiring customer confidence. At OFX, you'll have the opportunity to reach beyond your role and function across disciplines. Make use of your diverse skill set at a business that values your expertise and turn your potential into reality.
The Senior Business Development Manager role sits at the pinnacle of the new business, revenue generating team on the Corporate Sales team at OFX. The Senior BDM will progress opportunities that are generated by the cold-calling team, our marketing efforts, affiliated partners and referrals, expertly communicating our unique offering and building a pipeline of high yielding and quality clients. As a trusted point of contact and ambassador of the brand, the Senior BDM will have a deep understanding and excellent knowledge of all of our products and services, from introducing new ideas around FX strategies, to guiding clients through the account opening process. They should also have a natural interest in the financial markets and be able to articulate the key drivers of the FX markets, enabling them to speak competently about the factors that would have an impact on their client's financial decisions.
What you will do:
- Build a strong pipeline through various mediums including telephone, social media, referrals, networking, external events and exhibitions
- Support, guide and assist the development of junior members of the sales team
- Act as an ambassador of OFX at external forums and event hospitality
- Generate and maintain a pipeline of trading clients
- Competently trade your own clients' FX deals
- Perform phone based and face to face demonstrations of the corporate offering and online platform
- Administrative tasks associated with managing your own sales pipeline in accordance with company processes
- Regular travel as required (you may also be required to travel abroad)
- Face to face client meetings , building solutions, proposals and delivering presentations
- Collecting necessary documentation from prospective clients and following internal compliance processes
- Attend and actively participate in weekly sales meetings
- Reporting - ensure accurate and timely data entry of sales activity into CRM system
- Liaise with your manager, team members, dealers and/or relevant stakeholders when there are issues or concerns that need to be resolved
What you bring:
- Thorough understanding of the FX markets and the key drivers of fluctuations
- Solution driven, consultative sales approach
- Experience in selling Financial Services essential
- Excellent knowledge of FX market fundamentals
- The ability to demonstrate strong sales skills along with an excellent level of commercial awareness.
- Experience in building and maintaining a sales pipeline
- Face to face selling experience is preferred
- Account management skills: Experience of on-going relationship building with clients and the generation of referrals
What we offer:
- OFX attracts top talent from all over the globe with over 50 nationalities represented amongst our employees. To thrive here, you'll be a self-starter with a penchant for getting stuff done.
- Stay motivated by knowing your work really matters amongst a collaborative, creative and innovative team. We truly believe we're better together.
- Bring your big ideas. We're here to listen. Whether you're an old hand or just starting out, we value your insights and contributions, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
- Feel welcome. We believe personal diversity drives future-focused innovation. We're looking for outliers, game-changers and bridge-builders, but don't just take our word for it. Apply now and come check it out for yourself!
Back to top