Are you a passionate, bright and innovative Quality Coach?
Are you known for guiding, encouraging and assessing the strength of quality across development teams and helping teams to deliver high quality code at high velocity? If so, then this is the career opportunity for you!
As a Quality Coach, you will be encouraging and train the members of our OFX teams with their testing, helping them to identify weak spots and risks, and constantly improve. However, this is also a hands on role and you will also have the opportunity to get stuck into the code to assist with a continued focus on quality. You will also continuously look at new tools and techniques for the teams to try, that will help boost how and when they test, as well as coaching teams as needed to help establish these tools and techniques.
This position will work closely with the Head of Quality to help set the strategy for quality within OFX. Metrics and visualisations of quality are key to understanding where the risks are, including tracking the impact of change, where you will also be involved in creating and maintaining these markers.
What you'll be doing:
- Team Lead responsibilities: Managing a team, and ensuring that people management techniques and practices are consistent between quality engineering team leads
- Stakeholder and engagement management: Working closely with key internal stakeholders to understand their needs/expectations, address issues as they occur and foster appropriate stakeholder engagement throughout the development life cycle
- Drive the improvement of code quality through our scrum teams: Support the scrum teams during development by suggesting ways to improve the way teams think about quality
- Leadership: Lead, support and collaborate with Technology and Product team in an agile way
- Ensure each team continues to learn and develop, whilst embedding processes and a culture of learning
- Drive a culture of self-organised, high-performance teams, whilst encouraging mutual respect and collaboration
What you'll bring:
- You will have 5+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 4+ years demonstrated experience coaching teams
- A background in software development with a solid understanding of coding best practice and principles
- Demonstrated ability to mentor teams in various aspects of Agile and be an Agile champion throughout the organization
- A collaborative style, and a motivated self-starter with an enthusiastic approach
- Analysis and decision making - can identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and develop appropriate solutions
- You have a deep understanding of communication and group dynamics
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- You are not afraid to raise issues and remove impediments from your teams
- You care about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- A sense of humour and the ability to roll with the punches (when necessary)
OFX is the smart way to move money overseas. Headquartered in Sydney with 6 offices worldwide, we're a customer-focused business and the customer is front of mind for all our teams, whether you have direct contact or not with our customers.
Our environment is fully agile with a product focused methodology. Our full time in-house agile coach works with every team to constantly improve everything about what we do and how we do it. We're based in beautiful offices right in the Sydney CBD, have a look around. https://goo.gl/kVk6aQ
- Get the benefits of a startup with the maturity of a listed company. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service, foosball table and beer fridge. You name it we've got it!
- Stay motivated by knowing your work really matters amongst a collaborative, creative and innovative team.
- Learn about your colleagues through our GVC (Good Vibes Committee) and Elevate (our health and wellness program). GVC organises new and exciting events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside of the office. Elevate puts on in-house yoga, supports employee fitness and facilitates our daily fresh fruit deliveries.
- Bring your big ideas. We're here to listen. We value your insights and contributions, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
- Feel welcome. We believe personal diversity drives future-focused innovation. We're looking for outliers, game-changers and bridge-builders, but don't just take our word for it. Apply now, and come check it out for yourself.
Meet Some of OFX's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Maximilian’s role is centered on customer support throughout the client experience—from the initial onboarding to the final transfer into OFX.
Back to top