Front-end Developer (React)
Hello. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. We're a values-based organisation and we're particularly proud of our genuinely diverse employee and partner makeup, globally collaborative culture, and internal knowledge and talent.
How we work:
We are building an agile, innovative and collaborative work environment in the fintech space. We share cross-functional knowledge and are working to build a highly productive technology team. All our software development takes place on-shore in our Sydney headquarters, so we truly can collaborate together on a day to day basis. We focus on producing world class software applications, used by some recognised international financial organisations, such as Macquarie Bank, Travelex and ING Direct.
We take a cloud first approach and our stack includes the latest technology - React, Serverless, AWS, Microservices, Cloud First, .Net/.Net Core, Docker and we provide the opportunity for our our employees to upskill in these areas (if they haven't worked with these technologies as yet). Across our 11 scrum teams, we require slightly different skill sets.
We're looking for a talented Front-end Developer with a strong background in building successful products. You're passionate, pragmatic and curious. Join our journey to contribute your experience - share, learn, but most importantly, improve.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with an experienced software development team
- Contributing to software and solution design
- Sharing knowledge with your colleagues through guilds, brown bags and workshops
- Develop with the latest front-end technologies such as React and Redux
- Help with our Microservices journey
- Become a key member and help shape how we do front-end development
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience with front-end frameworks (preferably React or Redux or Bootstrap w/ SCSS)
- Highly motivated to do the best for your team
- Software development best practices
- Excellent understanding of agile processes
- Knowledge of the broader tech industry and developments, upcoming tech and tooling
OFX is the smart way to move money overseas. Headquartered in Sydney with 6 offices worldwide, we're a customer-focused business and the customer is front of mind for all our teams, no matter what.
Our environment is fully agile with a product focused methodology. Our full time in-house agile coach works to constantly improve everything about what we do and how we do it. Take a look around at our Sydney CBD office, https://goo.gl/0pb1km.
- Have a life. We pride work/life balance; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. After all, one of our values is "Get Stuff Done"!
- Get the benefits of a startup with the maturity of a listed company. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service and foosball table. You name it, we've got it!
- Bring your big ideas. Bring your knowledge! We're here to listen. We value your insights and contribution, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
- Keep moving. Our employee-led committees organise new and exciting events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it's participating in our weekly yoga class or a board game night, our team wants you feel welcome!
Meet Some of OFX's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Maximilian’s role is centered on customer support throughout the client experience—from the initial onboarding to the final transfer into OFX.
Back to top