Commercial Contract Adviser/Specialist
G'Day. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Headquartered in Sydney with 6 offices worldwide. We're a values-based organisation and we're particularly proud of our genuinely diverse employee and partner makeup, globally collaborative culture, and internal knowledge and talent.
At the heart of our business are our clients - we deliver secure, speedy, smooth transfers to help make their dreams, like buying a property overseas, studying on international exchange, or running their own business globally, a reality.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Contract Specialist/Manager that will support the legal team globally to manage contracts for the business and liaise with key stakeholders including business units and the Procurement function. You will be the owner and manager of OFX's contract lifecycle management tool.
The role will also be responsible for leading legal operations including identifying opportunities for innovation, operational efficiencies and process improvements, to position the legal team as a valued business unit within OFX.
This role can suit full time employment, but can also offer flexibility, this could suit someone returning to the work place.
What you'll do
• Provide the first line of advice on all material contracts including vendors, API Partners and Alliance Partners and supporting documentation including non-disclosure agreements.
• Manage the full life cycle of all contracts, from origination, through drafting, negotiation, closing and ongoing contractual obligations and milestones.
• Manage OFX's contract lifecycle management tool including implementing and updating processes and procedures for the business globally.
• Prepare and manage legal team templates and other business documentation as appropriate.
• Manage legal team operations and drive innovation including identifying opportunities for technology and system support.
What you'll bring
• Bachelor of Laws (or equivalent). Ideally with excellent academic credentials from a nationally-recognised law school.
Knowledge, skills, experience
• 4 + years contracts administration and or contracts management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills.
• Exceptional ability to work independently and efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced, fluid environment handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently while maintaining the highest standards and attention to detail.
• Practical and proactive problem-solving skills, strong business acumen, while being detail-oriented, and confident, mature and calm under pressure.
• Passion for continuous improvement and commitment to delivering outcomes, including the ability to translate and refine existing process to deliver improved legal service delivery outcomes and automated solutions.
Desirable experience (not essential)
• Current Australian Legal Practitioner practising certificate.
• Private practice experience and in-house experience
• Experience in financial services
Our environment is fully agile take a look around at our Sydney CBD office, https://goo.gl/0pb1km.
• Have a life. We pride work/life balance; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. After all, one of our values is "GSD"!
• Get the benefits of a startup with the maturity of a listed company. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service and foosball table. You name it, we've got it!
• Bring your big ideas. Bring your knowledge! We're here to listen. We value your insights and contribution, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
• Keep moving. Our two employee-led committees organise new and exciting events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it's participating in our weekly yoga class or a board game night, our team wants you to feel welcome.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Back to top