Client Due Diligence Team Lead
Hello. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney's Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We're now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 350 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: 'OFX')
OFX has a market leading regulatory and operational platform that positions us at the front of the pack for growth. At OFX we are constantly looking for new ways to meet the challenges our customers face in making cross border payments.
We're looking for a Senior Client Due Diligence Team Lead to join our Hong Kong office. This customer-focused role assists the global client-handling teams by performing initial KYC onboarding assessments of new-to-OFX clients, ensuring smooth transition between online registration and full verification. In addition, the Senior Analyst provides ongoing due diligence support for existing clients.
In this role you will actively contribute to planning and continuous improvement of the global OFX due diligence function, while reporting through to the APAC Manager based in Sydney and will have one direct report in Hong Kong.
What you'll do
- Recruit, train, coach and develop the Onboarding Team to ensure growth and success.
- Act as an advisor to the OFX Sales and Operations Teams based in Hong Kong and in Singapore to aid understanding of due diligence requirements. Communicate due diligence expectations to clients/OFX relationship managers and assist with associated queries (phone and email).
- Onboarding Consumer Client types sourced across global OFX jurisdictions. (Australia, New Zealand, US, UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore).
- Onboarding Corporate Client types sourced across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong. Companies, Trusts, Partnerships, Associations, Charities, Government Entities, Co-operatives, Managed Funds and off shore entities
- Coordinate with Due Diligence Teams globally to provide seamless, speedy and compliant service for OFX clients.
- Assess and perform Enhanced Customer Due Diligence (ECDD), including AML/CTF checks /KYC analysis and client screening to ensure OFX fully understands our clients, their needs and payment flows.
- Manage ongoing client due diligence activities, triggered by screening or monitoring outcomes as well as periodic refreshes of OFX knowledge of its client base.
- Coordinate with the relevant regional Compliance Departments for approvals and escalations as well as working with the Fraud and Legal Departments and other internal units for escalations /approvals as required.
What you'll bring
- Tertiary qualification in a business or finance related discipline highly regarded
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Over 3 years of experience in Client Due Diligence (CDD), ECDD and fulfilling AML/CTF requirements.
- Previous exposure in managing a team preferably in a global company.
- Understanding and involvement in due diligence on Institutional clients, Investment structures, Managed Funds and offshore accounts is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of relevant AML/CTF regulations in key jurisdictions in Asia - Mainly Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Experience in analysis and analytical tools. Analytical, enquiring mindset.
- Risk focused mentality - people, company & customer.
- Language skills - Fluency Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
- Ability to work with regional sales and operations teams ensuring independence of the Due Diligence Function yet providing top level guidance for business optimisation.
- Previous involvement in process design and improvement would be a benefit.
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships across varied levels locally, regionally and globally.
- Strong attention to detail
- A high degree of motivation and work well in a team environment
- Experience working in an international business and familiarity with global reporting lines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Back to top