Business Development Manager - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
G'Day. Nice to meet you. We're OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Founded 20 years ago and headquartered in Sydney, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We're now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 350 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: 'OFX')
At the heart of our business are our clients - we deliver secure, speedy, smooth transfers to help make their dreams, like buying a property overseas, studying on international exchange, or running their own business globally, a reality.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of OFX's International and Local Corporate Client segments in Hong Kong by ensuring the successful delivery of its financial and strategic goals. Responsibilities including building and executing and Go to Market strategy for assigned vertical, researching market opportunities, prospecting, acquiring new dealing clients and securing new business.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a local sales strategy, in line with the overall group strategy, to maximise revenue opportunities across both international and local corporate clients in Hong Kong.
- Actively seek new business opportunities by promoting OFX to prospective clients and overseeing the sales process.
- Proactively identify and attend relevant industry events.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of FX business and OFX Value Proposition.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholder; including but not limited to Dealing Team, Alliance Mangers, Settlement, Legal and Marketing functions.
- Be familiar with the latest payment technology trends, eMarketplaces and eCommerce players activities in the region and be up to date with the latest AML and Compliance regulations associated with this area.
- Build strong relationships with global support functions to ensure the success of the local sales strategy.
- Provide regular reporting and forecasting to leadership team(s).
What you bring:
- Tertiary qualification in a business or finance related discipline highly regarded.
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- 7 years plus experience in financial markets, preferably FX.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining book of business, an existing customer base would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an international business and familiarity with global reporting lines.
- A high degree of motivation and work well in a team environment.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred but not essential.
- High levels of self-motivation and positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills - Fluent English required. Cantonese and/or Mandarin desirable.
What we offer:
- OFX attracts top talent from all over the globe with over 50 nationalities represented amongst our employees. To thrive here, you'll be a self-starter with a penchant for getting stuff done.
- Stay motivated by knowing your work really matters amongst a collaborative, creative and innovative team. We truly believe we're better together.
- Have a life. We pride work/life balance; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. After all, one of our values is "GSD".
- Bring your big ideas. Bring your knowledge! We're here to listen. We value your insights and contribution, because pushing boundaries is a core value here.
Back to top