A/R Specialist- Medical Billing - (112420)
- Auburn Hills, MI
The A/R Specialist- Medical Billing is an integral part of our Behavioral Health RCM billing team. This is a flexible position with the ability to work from home as needed. We are a growing team and are looking for a candidate who is interested in being a part of building a great service for our clients. There are opportunities for professional development for our employees and promotional opportunities based on performance. We offer comprehensive benefits including a generous paid time off policy, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
This position requires solid experience in and understanding of Accounts Receivable for medical billing. (Behavioral Health Billing experience is a plus.) Attention to detail, computer skills, knowledge of ICD10 and CPT codes are a must, along with proficiency in Medical Billing procedures and terminology. The A/R Billing Specialist is also responsible for training new and current employees and assisting the team with daily tasks as needed.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Handle the medical billing for all assigned clients including gathering billing information, claims submission, payment posting, and A/R. Ensure that all claims are submitted properly and timely with a goal of zero errors.
- Communicate regularly with the client to answer any questionsand provide client feedback on any coding errors or omissions.
- Resolve discrepancies by consulting with physicians and clearinghouse and/or insurance company to examine and evaluate data, and select corrective steps.
- Work with supervision, management, and staff to improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies and achieve the overall goals of the department
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job):
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for medicalbilling. Experience with Behavioral Health billing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Insurance carrier payment policies, practices and amounts
- Working knowledge and application of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
- Must be comfortable working with different systems and software applications
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Active listening, interpersonal written, and oral communication skills needed
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws necessary
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Diploma or GED required
- Five + years of A/R experience in medical billing
- Experience working in a billing service environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Docs is a plus
At OP, our team members are our greatest asset. Come join us as we work together to revolutionize pediatric and behavioral health EHR technology. Our teams are highly collaborative and passionate about building innovative solutions that help practices provide the very best care for their patients.
Auburn Hills, MI US (Primary)
Back to top