Trust and Safety - Safety and Security Specialist
Safety and Physical Security
- Conduct safety/security audits and inspections as directed by the Offline Trust and Safety Manager.
- Document all reportable incidents and ensure that all information is communicated to the Offline Trust and Safety Manager.
- Provide specialized knowledge and experience regarding general safety and OSHA compliance.
- Monitor site access control, the flow of visitors, vendors, contractors and Bellefield employees entering and exiting the office.
- Monitor all emergency systems to ensure functionality including exits, proximity badge functions, fire alarm systems, alarm systems.
- Conduct hourly perimeter checks and report/action suspicious activity and/or situations.
- Conduct daily auditing of employee entrance and exit for “off hours.” 0500-0800 AND 1700-2200
- Communicate emergencies using mass notification system in the event of an emergency.
- Greet visitors and vendors and provide assistance if needed.
- Contribute to the OfferUp environment of being neighborly and transparent.
- Curate prohibited items on the site
- Review and approve TruYou applications
- Run queries and escalate suspicious findings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Offline Trust and Safety
Desired Professional Experience:
- Demonstrated team management experience
- Prior law enforcement experience or criminal investigation experience
- Experienced in conducting sensitive and confidential investigations and intelligence gathering using online resources
- Proficient in Mac operating system
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have great judgment, and able to make impactful decisions independently
- Excellent communicator of data; you are able to tailor your explanation of user behavior to various types of people
- Demonstrate examples of creating safety procedures and policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills· Excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You are an articulate and confident self-starter and problem solver, who is frequently able to deal with ambiguity
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top