Trust and Safety - Safety and Security Specialist
Safety and Physical Security
- Conduct safety/security audits and inspections as directed by the Offline Trust and Safety Manager.
- Document all reportable incidents and ensure that all information is communicated to the Offline Trust and Safety Manager.
- Provide specialized knowledge and experience regarding general safety and OSHA compliance.
- Monitor site access control, the flow of visitors, vendors, contractors and Bellefield employees entering and exiting the office.
- Monitor all emergency systems to ensure functionality including exits, proximity badge functions, fire alarm systems, alarm systems.
- Conduct hourly perimeter checks and report/action suspicious activity and/or situations.
- Conduct daily auditing of employee entrance and exit for “off hours.” 0500-0800 AND 1700-2200
- Communicate emergencies using mass notification system in the event of an emergency.
- Greet visitors and vendors and provide assistance if needed.
- Be the first person to enter the office and conduct an inner perimeter check and the last person to leave, ensuring no one is in the office.
- Contribute to the OfferUp environment of being neighborly and transparent.
- Curate prohibited items on the site
- Review and approve TruYou applications
- Monitor recently soft blocked users for suspicious behavior and escalate if needed
- Run queries using keywords based on specified indicators to search for potential Stolen Property Distribution and online scams and softblock bad actors. Follow-up through incident reporting system
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Offline Trust and Safety
Desired Professional Experience:
- Demonstrated team management experience
- Prior law enforcement experience or criminal investigation experience
- Experienced in conducting sensitive and confidential investigations and intelligence gathering using online resources
- Proficient in Mac operating system
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have great judgment, and able to make impactful decisions independently
- Excellent communicator of data; you are able to tailor your explanation of user behavior to various types of people
- Demonstrate examples of creating safety procedures and policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills· Excellent investigative, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You are an articulate and confident self-starter and problem solver, who is frequently able to deal with ambiguity
Back to top