Sr. Software Development Engineer - Platform & Infrastructure
As a contributor to our Platform and Infrastructure engineering team, you will help build the next generation OfferUp infrastructure based on microservice architecture. As our product continues to grow, you will evolve and scale our platform to serve many more millions of users.
- Build out the next generation microservice fabric from scratch
- Build and maintain high-performance, scalable systems
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Offerup's core systems
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Code using Python, Java, or C/C++
- 5-7+ years software development experience
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and traffics manipulation
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience in docker tool-chains
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, Postgres, or Django
- Contributions to the open-source community
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top