Sr. Software Development Engineer - Platform & Infrastructure
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.
As a Senior contributor to our Platform and Infrastructure engineering team, you will prototype and build the next generation OfferUp infrastructure based on microservice architecture. As our product continues to grow, you will evolve and scale our platform to serve many more millions of users.
- Build out the next generation microservice fabric from scratch
- Build and maintain high-performance, scalable systems
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Offerup's core systems
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Code using Python, Java, or C/C++
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and traffics manipulation
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience in docker tool-chains
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, Postgres, or Django
- Contributions to the open-source community
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
Back to top