Sr. Software Development Engineer - Backend
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.
You solve problems by building things. You think in specifications and APIs, see concepts in chaos, and understand how disparate components combine to form simple solutions. You convert big ideas into practical designs. You don't just know the latest technology; you understand how to use it and why it exists.
- Creation and implementation of significant portions of the OfferUp infrastructure
- Work with the product team to design and implement new features for the OfferUp service
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Dedication to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- 5-7 or more years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with highly-scalable applications and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with large scale web services
- Demonstrate expert-level coding skills in programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ (or equivalent programming language)
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with Django, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Experience working on a marketplace
- Working knowledge of ecommerce payment systems
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
Back to top