Sr. Software Development Engineer - Backend
You solve problems by building things. You think in specifications and APIs, see concepts in chaos, and understand how disparate components combine to form simple solutions. You convert big ideas into practical designs. You don't just know the latest technology; you understand how to use it and why it exists.
- Creation and implementation of significant portions of the OfferUp infrastructure
- Work with the product team to design and implement new features for the OfferUp service
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Dedication to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- 5-7 or more years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with highly-scalable applications and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with large scale web services
- Demonstrate expert-level coding skills in programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ (or equivalent programming language)
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with Django, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Experience working on a marketplace
- Working knowledge of ecommerce payment systems
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top