Sr. Software Development Engineer - Android
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. Each developer on the team is responsible for all aspects of our native Android application, from new features to tracking performance.
As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will be expected to develop new features end-to-end, lead architecture discussions and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You share our passion for design and have a strong background in mobile development, including a portfolio of Android applications built with compelling touch & gesture interfaces.
- You will create new features end-to-end, including design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the OfferUp Android application
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Craft outstanding Android code, and conduct code reviews
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, and across development teams to push the company forward
- Inspire others with your passion for Android development
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 2 years were devoted to Native Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Experience with:
- Google Location Services
- Image Loading Libraries such as Picasso & Glide
- Working knowledge of ecommerce payment systems
- Existing Apps in the Google Play Store
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safer marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Bellevue looking to bring one more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace. Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top