Sr. Software Development Engineer - Android
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. Each developer on the team is responsible for all aspects of our native Android application, from new features to tracking performance.
As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will be expected to develop new features end-to-end, lead architecture discussions and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You share our passion for design and have a strong background in mobile development, including a portfolio of Android applications built with compelling touch & gesture interfaces.
- You will create new features end-to-end, including design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the OfferUp Android application
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Craft outstanding Android code, and conduct code reviews
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, and across development teams to push the company forward
- Inspire others with your passion for Android development
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 2 years were devoted to Native Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Experience with:
- Google Location Services
- Image Loading Libraries such as Picasso & Glide
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Existing Apps in the Google Play Store
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top