Sr. Marketing Manager
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
OfferUp is building a world-class marketing team that’s passionate about the challenge of redefining local commerce at scale. We are analysts, creators, and communicators who thrive in a world of never-been-dones, bring tireless creativity and a neighborly spirit to the workplace, and believe the success of the business is dependent on the success of the people who buy and sell with us every day. Our shared mission is to make OfferUp a household name and a positive part of the lives of members of our community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The job of the Senior Marketing Manager is to develop sophisticated cross-channel marketing strategies and champion the voice and values of the brand at key touchpoints.
You will evaluate, optimize, and own communication strategy for mobile and email messaging. You’ll keep a keen eye on best practices and marketing trends to recommend ways OfferUp can add to its relationship-building toolset. And along with planning and executing outbound marketing efforts, you will rigorously evaluate the success of each channel, campaign, and creative execution.
This role requires a minimum of four years of experience in a consumer marketing role. Experience with B2C engagement marketing in a mobile-first context is strongly preferred.
What we’ll ask of you:
- Implement and optimize cross-channel lifecycle campaigns
- Analyze the behaviors of OfferUp users to build personalized content and automation logic for specified channels
- Partner closely with designers to evaluate and update email, web, and social content
- Work with Brand team to ensure a consistent experience and voice across consumer touchpoints, and find ways to creatively express OfferUp’s unique value
- Rigorously test and analyze the performance of your work
Why you’ll excel:
- You are a mobile-first marketer with experience building cross-channel engagement marketing campaigns
- You can quickly master a marketing automation tool and apply elegant campaign logic to reach consumers with the right content, in the right channel, at the right time
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You clearly and effectively position ideas in writing and successfully refine the writing of others
- You have experience defining and applying the unique tone of voice of a brand
- You study the needs and mindsets of your audience and communicate accordingly
- You are fluent in mobile and social marketing best practices and are eager to explore emerging channels
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top