Sr. Design Technologist
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp Design team is looking for an experienced Sr. Design Technologist with a strong design sensibility and front-end technical chops to help evolve the OfferUp experience. Through iterative design, prototyping, and testing, you build engaging product experiences that delight and emotionally connect with customers - making them come back to OfferUp over and over again. Your work will touch millions of users!
- Lead the planning, design, and development of UX prototypes for the Design Team.
- Prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, selecting the most appropriate implementation method for the task.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product design and development process, including initial concepting, interaction architecture, visual and motion design language, usability testing and implementation.
- Partner with stakeholders in UX, PM and ENG to prototypes ideas that inspire company leadership to invest in new product directions.
- Partner with Research to prepare and iterate on prototypes for evaluative usability studies.
- Act as a bridge between the design and front-end engineering teams, guiding both sides to greater excellence. This includes helping designers understand technical feasibility as they develop designs and working with front-end developers to ensure that designs are implemented according to spec.
- Uplevel the design team’s prototyping proficiency through developing shared, scalable prototyping solutions, tools and best practices.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science with a strong emphasis on design, or equivalent. (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- 3+ years of experience in mobile UI/UX design and development
- Experience building mobile apps is preferred - either iOS (Objective C, iOS Frameworks) or Android (Java, Android SDK)
- Experience building mobile and responsive websites with HTML/CSS/JS/JS frameworks
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong, proactive communication skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meeting tight deadlines while delivering a high-quality bar of work
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates keen eye for visual, interaction and motion design detail
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top