Sr. Content Strategist/UX Writer
Are you a pro at distilling complex ideas into just a few words?
Do character limits jumpstart your creativity?
Can you pack big personality into short sentences?
Do you believe there’s a better way to buy and sell?
Awesome. Read on.
ABOUT OUR UX TEAM
We’re assembling a team of world-class UX experts that thrive on complex challenges. On our way to building the simplest, most trustworthy platform to buy and sell locally, the UX team is responsible for creating an environment where local buyers and sellers are set up for success.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The job of the Senior Content Strategist / UX Writer is to study the experience of the OfferUp community and give people the help and guidance they need when they need it. Along the way, you’ll build a neighborly rapport with users that reflects the voice and values of the brand and keeps them coming back.
This role reports to the Director of Design and requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a UX/UI writing, copywriting or content creation role. Please submit two short writing samples (<100 words) with your résumé.
What we’ll ask of you:
- Evaluate and update content for mobile and web UX (including on-boarding and interaction flows, triggered emails, notifications and Help Center)
- Partner with Design, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Experience, and Engineering teams to drive clarity and consistency across our UX content
- Drive Customer Experience contact reduction by developing Help Center content with User Self-Service in mind
- Use data and research to inform your work, continually testing and improving the UI to increase user understanding and engagement
- Develop and maintain UX editorial guidelines
- Present your work in design reviews and provide feedback on writing and design
- Work with Marketing to champion the brand voice across touch points
Why you’ll excel:
- You clearly and effectively position ideas in writing and successfully refine the writing of others
- You have experience defining / applying the unique voice of a brand in technical contexts
- You study the needs and mindsets of your audience and communicate accordingly
- You are a strong leader who can confidently influence stakeholders and cross-disciplinary teams to meet a range of objectives
- Consumer mobile experience a plus
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top