Software Development Engineer - iOS
OfferUp is a Seattle area start up and we are changing how we buy and sell locally by making it as easy as sharing a photo from your phone. We are creating a simple and safer marketplace where we help buyers and sellers link up with ease. We are a rapidly growing team and are looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people.
We are looking for a passionate iOS Developer who will help make a strong impact on the OfferUp iOS app. This person will also be a mentor and a contributor who appreciates collaboration and team work, while having a good time.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- You will have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, at least 2-3 years of which was devoted exclusively to iOS
- You will help in the creation and implementation of significant portions of the OfferUp iOS app - Crafting clean and well-documented code and maintaining an active interest in the overall success of what we're building.
- Deep understanding of Objective-C and using Cocoa and Cocoa Touch framework classes
- You have a background in Object-oriented programming with knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- Valid work authorization in the United States
Nice to have:
- Experience with CoreData, CoreLocation, MapKit, Auto Layout, push notifications
- Understanding of memory management (ARC and non-ARC) and MVVM patterns
- Understanding of concurrency issues, threads and familiarity with GCDExperience with JSON and interacting with RESTful services
- Able to use tools to optimize performance and diagnose issues at runtime
- Familiarity with iTunes Connect for beta and store deployment
- Working with a marketplace application
- Working knowledge of e-commerce payment systems
- Experience with Google Analytics and Jenkins is a plus
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
Back to top