Software Development Engineer - Backend
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our backend engineering team. You will get exposure to many different tools and technologies such as Python/Django, Java, Redis, PostgreSQL, and Docker. You will also be exposed to a variety of AWS cloud technologies, and will make an impact building core backend services for the OfferUp application.
- Collaborate with mobile development teams (iOS and Android) on new services and features
- Participate in development projects across several different teams and systems (Data, Ops, QA, etc.),
- Dedicated to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- Help develop OfferUp’s internal tools and dashboards
- Expertise in programming languages such as Java and Python
- 2-3+ years professional software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Passionate about a personal project? Show us what you’re working on!
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top