Senior Risk Intelligence Data Analyst
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
Senior Risk Intelligence Data Analyst
The Senior Risk Data Analyst will work on a wide range of complex business risk problems which require extracting and analyzing data from a variety of sources. Distill complex findings into presentations and reports for multiple partners. Manage, and lead complex projects aimed at designing effective solutions that help predict, detect, and mitigate marketplace risks.
- Provide management for multiple Risk Intelligence projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Identify new mechanisms for mitigating risk using available data and observations.
- Perform in-depth analysis on bad actor profiles to identify trends and provide actionable intelligence.
- Report trends to business stakeholders through multiple channels.
- Collaborate with our business/product partners to determine risk & support requirements on all current and future features.
- Assist in piloting new tools and techniques for data management and business information delivery.
- Cultivates and maintain strong relationships with other partners and stakeholders.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and best practice sharing among other analysts.
- Assist in Identifying fraud and risk improvements, contribute towards prioritized roadmap.
- Complete SQL and Excel wizardry.
- Understanding of AB testing methodology, advanced statistical/predictive modeling, and optimization techniques is highly preferred
- Previous statistical/analytical risk management experience in online marketplace, e-commerce, retail, or banking environment. (Minimum of 3 years risk related experience)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Able to work effectively in a highly cross-functional environment working with fraud prevention, engineering, project management, business, marketing, customer support, and operations teams.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top