Security Software Engineer
OfferUp is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of OfferUp’s users. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies to secure the OfferUp experience
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Helps assess the E2E OfferUp architecture and guide us on secure architectural design techniques and their appropriateness
- Identify and help fix key vulnerabilities in OfferUp architecture, if any
- Reviews and provides feedbacks on various OfferUp service architecture designs
- Coaches and mentors engineers in the field of secure software design
- Champions and help embody secure software development across OfferUp
- Performing on-going security testing and code review to improve software security of OfferUp
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 4+ years in secure software development experience
- Experience with internet security issues, and providing internet security and privacy solutions
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture) and network/web related protocols
- Experience with Python and Java languages and related frameworks
- Experience with security vulnerabilities and threats specific to mobile devices
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top