OfferUp is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of OfferUp’s users. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies to secure the OfferUp experience
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Apply strong coding abilities and experience
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing, mobile products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years software development experience
- Experience providing internet security and privacy solutions
- Experience of internet security issues
- Experience with Python and Java languages and related frameworks
- Experience with security vulnerabilities and threats specific to mobile devices
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top