SDE - Backend (Experienced, Senior, and Staff level)
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineers to join our Backend Engineering Team. You solve problems by building things, and have a knack for efficient use of data structures and algorithms for performant services. You convert big ideas into practical designs. You don't just know the latest technology; you understand how to use it and why it exists. You will make an impact on a fast-moving, rapidly iterating engineering team; building core backend services and features for the OfferUp application.
- Coding in Java and/or Python
- Collaborate with front-end developers (iOS, Android, Web), on building new features, and iterating on existing features
- Dedicated to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- Creation and implementation of significant portions of the OfferUp infrastructure
- Work with the Product Managers to design and implement new features for the OfferUp Application
- 5 or more years professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrate strong coding skills using Java, Python, C++, Go (or similar programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with web-scale applications
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top