Safety and Security Specialist
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
- Provide a safe and professional work environment for employees, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Greet visitors and vendors and provide assistance if needed.
- Conduct & log outer perimeter checks, inner sweeps & opening and closing procedures
- Act quickly as a responder to all incidents involving safety and security
- Monitor site access control, the flow of visitors, vendors, contractors entering and exiting the office.
- Monitor all emergency systems to ensure functionality including exits, proximity badge functions, fire alarm systems, alarm systems.
- Write incident reports detailing pertinent information upon the conclusion of an incident
- Present a command presence
Requirements/Desired Experience & Skills
- Bring a positive attitude every day -- represent our brand, the client, and yourself in a professional manner
- High school diploma (or GED). Some college is preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years of security and/or military experience required
- Experience in de-escalation tools for aggressive behavior is a plus (verbal and physical)
- CPR/First Aid certified or the ability to receive certification (paid)
- Ability to analyze data and find patterns
- Great Interpersonal skills and a professional attitude. Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Uniform attire and grooming standards must be maintained while in uniform
- Proficiency using Google including Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Adaptable to the OfferUp culture
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top