Risk Operations Manager, Online Trust & Safety
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.
The Online Trust and Safety Risk Operations Manager's role is vital to the success of the Risk Operations team in metrics, engagement, and company mission. A Trust and Safety Risk Operations Manager achieves success when they develop and manage a highly motivated team that delivers strong, consistent results. Your contributions will help maintain a safe, healthy community and create a superb customer experience.
- Manage our Risk Operations team of specialists, and drive performance.
- Define success metrics for the Risk Operations team.
- Set clear team and individual goals and provide actionable feedback.
- Drive team-wide results, determine what is important, clarify next steps, and delegate effectively to meet expectations.
- Provide expertise in career planning, performance management, and coaching.
- Create a metrics and data-driven approach to solving problems and deciding what to focus on.
- Be an active member of our leadership team, helping to drive the broader Risk Management Operations organization forward.
- Help OfferUp build a world-class risk operations organization by taking people to the next level, and defining the organizational processes needed to support them.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in online operations, risk management, regulatory management, or financial industry.
- 3+ years of experience working in a customer service environment.
- 2+ years experience with operational workflow improvements.
- Direct people management experience.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, preferably in a risk or trust & safety context.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible and can work well in a cross-functional capacity within a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority.
- Proficient at defining, utilizing and communicating performance metrics.
- Passion for developing teammates’ careers and skills.
Back to top