Risk Intelligence Data Analyst, Trust and Safety
Online Trust and Safety Organizational overview
Reporting into the VP of Customer Experience, the Online Trust and Safety Team is responsible for partnering with Product and Customer experience to manage a variety of risk types including identity fraud, product fraud, account takeover, credit card fraud, etc. This is an exciting area where the contributions by individual team members can really help create experiences that our customers love.
Risk Intelligence Analyst
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Online Trust and Safety, The Risk Intelligence Analyst will work on a wide range of complex business risk problems which require extracting and analyzing data from a variety of sources. Distill complex findings into presentations and reports. Plan, manage, and execute projects and support activities aimed at designing effective solutions that help predict, detect, and mitigate marketplace risks.
- Define and develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of fraud detection tools and procedures.
- Effectively translate quantitative findings (storytelling with data), make meaningful conclusions and recommendations, identify and interpret trends and relationships to product and business stakeholders.
- Create business requirements for reporting and analytics based on holistic view of business strategy and target business processes.
- Help educate and mentor other risk analysts and provide continuous best practices as systems and technologies evolve.
- Identify and introduce new best practices, tools and techniques for data management and business information delivery.
- Perform data mining, analysis and modeling to drive business insights around risk.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
- Previous risk management experience in online marketplace, e-commerce, retail, or banking environment. (Minimum of 2 years risk related experience)
- Experience with data visualization tools.
- Highly proficient in report development
- Demonstrate strong competency and comfort working with and analyzing large datasets.
- Exposure to statistical methods and analysis tools (R, SAS, Matlab)
- Nice to have exposure to at least one scripting language such as Python or Perl
- Must be able to partner with non-technical business stakeholders to solve complex, real-world problems impacting Trust.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top