OfferUp is changing how we buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are all about having buyers and sellers link up in an easy way; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in the Seattle area looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who like a fast growing marketplace.
Our quality team is looking for a Quality Engineer that has a passion for testing complex applications and systems at scale. You have demonstrated expertise in assessing quality with respect to service contracts, performance, reliability in addition to the standard competencies around software testing.
- Test new features and complete bugs fixes from scrum team.
- Assess product quality through agreed upon methods and measures.
- Advocate for the testability of product code.
- Write and implement test plans.
- Help development team diagnose and test fixes.
- Aid in reproducing issues for Production team reviews.
- Recommend and utilize appropriate tools needed to better automate testing.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience testing scaled and complex services
- Experience with Open Source test tools/frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, RSpec)
- You have the ability to develop test plans, cases/use cases from requirements documents and be able to create requirements traceability matrixes for test coverage, develop test data
- You are able to work independently on complex tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and testing where a variety of factors may impact results in a fast-moving start-up environment
- You possess excellent problem solving and analytical ability to seek out bugs and document them clearly for development and follow-through with their open issues to resolution
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Sound knowledge and experience of the development and/or QE process
Back to top