Principal Technical Product Manager
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safer marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in the Seattle area looking to bring on passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be apart of our fast growing marketplace.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Product team as a Principal Technical Product Manager focused on our platform services! We want someone who has passion for bridging business strategy and technical requirements as well as leading cross-functional engineering teams through design, delivery, quality assurance, rollout, and ongoing monitoring. This position involves regular communication with senior management on prioritization, progress, risks and resource management. You are a creative, demonstrated leader with extensive experience in deconstructing thorny technical issues to define and document iterative solutions. You thrive in fast-paced, delivery-focused environments.
This is a horizontal role across all feature areas for our backend and platform components. You’ll be responsible for everything from planning to delivery and beyond.
- Set strategy to define platform priorities and make hard trade-offs between quick time-to-market and long-term platform stability.
- Plan the technical roadmaps for multiple feature teams partnering with other Product Owners to balance technical investments with other features.
- Define ideal technical solutions including platform infrastructure and core services, client interfaces, and service APIs working closely with engineering and partnering with backend and platform teams.
- Drive execution as the agile Product Owner for backend and client platforms balancing the technical and feature work while ensuring stakeholder involvement and awareness throughout.
- Evaluate product success based upon customer adoption, engagement, satisfaction, and system metrics while feeding the resulting insights back into the product roadmap.
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success.
- 7+ years of product/program management experience with strong software development background working with SDLC, managing, and delivering large cross-functional programs.
- Proven, hands-on experience leading multiple successful product launches in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical skills and ability to influence and gain respect of engineering teams.
- Passion for user-focused design and desire to create a world-class experience.
- Creative problem solver - able to identify viable short and long-term solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems.
- Experience working in Mobile app development is preferred.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
Back to top