Principal Product Manager, Trust & Safety
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safer marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.
OfferUp has an exciting opportunity to join the Product team as a Principal Product Manager focusing on Trust and Safety. You will envision and execute on a product roadmap for key product offerings that are geared towards making OfferUp the most trusted marketplace for local buyers and sellers. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of technical skills, scrappiness, obsession with data, and precise communication skills. You thrive in fast-paced, delivery-focused environments.
- Responsible for turning business and user experience requirements into prioritized functional requirements.
- Partner with the business and technology teams to set strategic direction and deliver solutions around marketplace trust and safety, privacy, security, and risk mitigation.
- Develop KPI dashboards and regularly reporting the rhythm of business.
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, with customer focus in mind.
- Create and maintain roadmaps, work closely with other product managers, engineering to define product solutions and build execution plans for feature releases.
- Evaluate product success based upon customer adoption, engagement, and satisfaction while feeding the result insights back into the product roadmap.
- 8+ years of product management experience and a track record of successful product releases across multiple versions in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in security, risk, fraud mitigation, trust and safety space is required for this role.
- Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into insightful business recommendations and a compelling product vision.
- Strong software development background with experience in software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs.
- Proven, hands-on experience leading multiple successful product launches in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate closely with design and marketing to deliver consistent and trustworthy user experiences that solve real customer needs while strengthening our brand.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a technical or equivalent experience.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top