Principal Business Product Manager
OfferUp is a Seattle area startup that is changing how we buy and sell locally by making it as easy as sharing a photo from your phone. We are creating a simple and safer marketplace where we help buyers and sellers link up with ease. We are a rapidly growing team and are looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people.
The OfferUp Product team is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Product Manager to focus on business and product planning. We want someone who has passion for and possesses a unique blend of business and product savvy. This position involves understanding and articulating customer problems and finding innovative solutions for the local marketplace. This role is a cross-functional role where you must be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the company on all levels, including concise verbal and written executive communication.
- You will be responsible for defining product and business strategy for a variety of offerings in the OfferUp portfolio.
- Partner with customer researchers, marketing, business operations, and vendors, to assess customer needs and market landscape.
- Develop business models, feature/product positioning and messaging, go-to-market plans.
- Work closely with Feature PMs and Technical PMs to influence product roadmaps and execution.
- Evaluate product success based upon customer adoption, engagement, and satisfaction while feeding the resulting insights back into the product roadmap.
- 10+ years of proven product/program management experience
- Consistent track record of detailed market and business analysis and modeling for a variety of businesses including consumer software/services products
- Ability to translate highly ambiguous business issues into structured problems, and to develop well founded solutions in a structured yet creative way
- Hands-on experience leading multiple successful product launches, including new product launches, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build & maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners
- Exceptional communication skills (presentation and written) at the executive level.
- Strong technical skills, experience driving software development projects, and ability to influence engineering teams a plus.
- MBA or equivalent experience required.
- Marketplace experience is desired but not a requirement.
Back to top