Online Trust and Safety Risk Specialist
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace.
As a frontline representative of the Online Trust and Safety team you will help manage a variety of risk types including potential identity, product, and credit card fraud. This is a great opportunity to become a part of the ground floor of an evolving investigation team. Your contributions will help maintain a safe, healthy community and create a superb customer experience.
- Handle all online marketplace trust & risk concerns via both proactive and reactive resolution channels.
- Investigate accounts and issues, be a decision maker, and successfully interpret and enforce OfferUp’s Community standards and policies.
- Identify and escalate new trends and issues.
- Review and respond to member disputes relating to Trust and Safety actions on item posts and accounts
- Assist community members in rehabilitation to become better OfferUp users
- Actively participate in team activities/meetings by generating ideas and offering solutions to problems faced.
- Independently use all available channels to remain informed in department and company knowledge
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years experience in Trust & Safety, Customer Care, or Risk/Fraud
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Experience in e-commerce or online marketplaces a plus
- Strong judgement
- Ability to quickly analyze data to find patterns
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new technologies
- Self-motivated and ready to go at a moment's notice
- A curious mindset and always looking for a deeper understanding of the things that matter most to you
- Adaptable and agile with a proven ability to operate in gray areas
- Excellent communication, verbal, and writing skills
- Must be willing to work one weekend day per week (Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs)
Back to top