OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
OfferUp is assembling a world-class marketing team to define and express the value of the brand. Our shared mission is to make OfferUp a household name and a positive part of the lives of members of our community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The job of the Marketing Manager is to develop, optimize, and manage sophisticated multi-channel marketing strategies that drive customer engagement.
Along with relentlessly analyzing the effectiveness of your efforts against our performance objectives, you will keep a keen eye on trends and best practices to recommend ways OfferUp can add to its relationship-building toolset. And you will put your outstanding communication skills to work as a champion of the voice and values of the brand.
This role requires a minimum of four years of experience in a related role.
What we’ll ask of you:
- Partner closely with Business Insights and Product Management to develop, evaluate, and optimize customer lifecycle management strategies across owned and paid channels
- Develop content strategy and editorial calendars for digital / mobile application; track KPIs; adjust accordingly
- Find creative, effective ways to express OfferUp’s unique value across all content, and work with Brand and Design teams to ensure a consistent experience, look, and voice
- Analyze the OfferUp audience to execute personalized campaigns
- Use data and user research to inform and continually improve your work
Why you’ll excel:
- You are fluent in brand-building and marketing best practices across the digital/mobile marketing ecosystem (and are eager to test and learn in emerging channels)
- You thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- You clearly and effectively communicate ideas (especially in writing)
- You have experience defining and applying the unique tone of voice of a brand to influence customer behavior in measurable ways
- You study the needs and mindsets of your audience and communicate accordingly
- You are comfortable navigating automated marketing platforms to build and deploy targeted, testable campaigns
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top