Engineering Manager - Android
OfferUp is a Seattle area startup and we are changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as sharing a photo from your phone. We are creating a simple and safer marketplace where we help buyers and sellers link up with ease. We are a rapidly growing team and are looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious people.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager and leader who will help make a strong impact on the OfferUp Android Development team as well as someone who appreciates collaboration and teamwork, while having a good time. You will be directly responsible for driving new features, ongoing improvements and ensuring it is all done with high quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 2+ years of proven experience managing Android/mobile teams.
- Experience in Android architecture and development as you will stay active in the development process by contributing to the code base and participating in code reviews.
- You will have worked on several Android apps in the past that are/were in the Google Play Store.
- Background in Object-oriented programming with knowledge of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Work closely with Product Mangers and UX Designers to provide technical oversight and product direction of the OfferUp Android app.
- You will meet regularly with the current Android team to give feedback and discuss career growth as well as having strong input on recruiting and hiring great talent.
- You are experienced working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Bachelors or above in Computer Science or a related field
- Eligible to work in the United States
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top