Business Operations Analyst
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ billion in transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of the Year in 2016
- 35+ million downloads
- 200+ Employees - and growing fast
The Business Operations team partners with the OfferUp executive team team and operational leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies that drive opportunities in OfferUp’s business. We are currently seeking an experienced analyst to help the Bizops team drive data-driven decision making across all functional areas of the company.
- Monitoring core marketplace health metrics and communicating key findings to company leadership
- Partnering with the product team to define success criteria of new product features, and measure feature performance against those criteria
- Measuring the effectiveness of growth initiatives
- Collaborating with the Trust and Safety organization to assess the potential impact of new policies
- Ad-hoc analyses to inform OfferUp’s business and product strategy
- Metrics definition and dashboard creation for new features and business initiatives
- Business Acumen. Success in this role will require the ability to deeply understand the economics of a consumer marketplace business, and to view complex business, product, and trust and safety policy questions from all possible angles.
- Analytic Skills. Excel proficiency is a prerequisite. SQL is a nice-to-have that can be learned on the job. Bonus points if you know a programming language like R, Matlab or Python, have experience with BI/data discovery tools such as Looker.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills. The ability to synthesize complex analytic results, present key findings in compelling reporting formats, and communicate them effectively to a broad audience will be essential to success in this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior Analyst Experience. 1-3 years of work experience as an analyst at a consulting firm, investment bank, buy-side investment firm, or tech company.
Meet Some of OfferUp's Employees
Customer Care Manager
Elizabeth is a manager on the Customer Care Team. Her focus is on helping her team champion OfferUp values and work with members of the OfferUp community to improve their experiences with the app.
Back to top