The mission of the Scrum Master is to lead Security Integration Team in delivering functionality on time, within budget, and with high quality using the Agile Scrum process.
- Servant Leader with a passion to help teams thrive and deliver high value to the organization.
- Works closely with the Project Manager, and Technical Lead to assure that the work is strategically prioritized for value, risk mitigation and timely delivery.
- Track record of success as a scrum master
- Five+ years of experience as scrum master
- Helps the team stay focused by removing impediments, protecting them from distractions and keeping team meetings lean and efficient.
- Facilitates “self-organization” of the team to accomplish objectives and continuously improve their own processes.
- Clarifies and supports the roles and responsibilities on the Scrum team.
- Must be patient and flexible.
- Exceptional people skills: Works well with all project stakeholders in a friendly manner. Can handle criticism and turn conflict into productive discussion. Sees and brings out the best in everyone.
- Able to build morale through setting a positive tone, encouraging others, and having fun.
- Demonstrates continuous growth and improvement through learning from others and bringing fresh ideas to the team from personal reading, communities of practice, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and mentoring abilities
- Able to function in a highly interactive, open environment
- Facilitates Scrum meetings: Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Epic and Story Estimation, Sprint Review and Demo, Retrospective.
- Able to facilitate high level planning to establish project baseline and sprint schedule for functional and non-functional stories.
- Creates and maintains information radiators and team tools: sprint board, burn-down charts, burn-up charts, progress dashboards, etc.
- Tracks metrics that are important to project success and continuous improvement.
- Creates reports as needed for Project Leadership including: progress, risks, dependencies, problems, delays, actions and decisions needed from leadership, etc.
- Collaborates with Project Manager, Quality Manager, and others in support of moving deliverables through the SDLC on-time and on-budget.
- Works with blended development team to monitor and control the change management processes – creation of change requests and seeing the change progress through various environments.
- CSM or PMI-ACP required.
- Familiarity with Java, database and information security is a plus
- Experience with team and organizational process improvement.
- Experience with Jira Greenhopper
- Experience working on high profile net new development projects
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- Understanding high-level architecture and discussing rationale for potential changes
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and multiple vendors
- Excelling with minimal direction
Back to top