Odyssey is looking for talented and passionate UX Designers and Researchers to join our growing team. You will be working with the product team to enhance the current design and direction of the website. Designers and Researchers are empowered to contribute in any way they believe would improve the product. We are focused on understanding the user’s need and providing innovative solutions.
We operate in a pseudo-agile manner. And no, that doesn’t mean "waterfall" with stand-ups. It is more of a mix of Scrum and Kanban. We work off of the team's road map with a weekly MKR that guides the deliverables for the week.
What you love to do
- Create engaging mockups and immersive prototypes that communicate the design direction the team has created.
- Brainstorm constructive solutions to improve the usability of our website.
- Play with material design and get lost on Dribbble
- Develop Personas, Scenarios, and Journey Maps
- Construct evaluations to focus on specific research topics
- Understand how to apply user research to interaction designs.
- Diagram, Diagram, Diagram
- Adobe CC
BS or BA in HCI, Visual Communication, Computer Science or any related degree.
Bonus points if you..
- Have worked with responsive design for mobile sites.
- Understand how accessibility impacts our users
- Are comfortable with creating prototype animations in After Effects, Keynote, etc.
- Follow direction and spend more time listening than talking **
- Used Google Analytics, Click-Tale, Mixpanel or any similar type of web site analytic tools.
- Are familiar with Google Forms to construct surveys.
**Disclaimer: A joke.
Odyssey is a content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices on topics that matter most to you. Odyssey enables content to find its most relevant audience organically.
We were featured in the Indianapolis Business Journal in a high-tech jobs report, after receiving $25M in an equity round. We recently rebuilt our online platform using our favorite technologies, and kicked off the new start with a beta launch event in New York City. We are quickly expanding our technology center in Indianapolis as we are becoming a top tech company in the region.
Read more about us here:
Back to top