Quality Assurance Engineer
Odyssey is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team. This role is focused on working closely with Software Engineers to ensure we have great tooling, foresight, and quality built into theodysseyonline.com.
We believe QA should be an engineer’s best friend. We acknowledge our engineers are brilliant, but they admit they could use your help. You should be a cross-functional team member, adding value as the story is finished and often as the story is first discussed as a business requirement.
This position would be focused more on automated testing, although you would work with engineers and product coordinators on smoke and regression testing as well. We are interested in a great developer experience, including enhancing the abilities to create unit tests. Engineers will focus more on unit testing aspects, while this role would focus more on integration automation and continuous integration.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker Swarm
- QA: Jest, Selenium WebDriver, Drone (CI)
What we expect of you
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, preferably with Jest or Mocha/Chai.
- Strong knowledge about integration testing, preferably with Selenium WebDriver.
- Great attention to detail
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Can implement elegant and robust solutions while adhering to coding standard
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Bonus points if you...
- Have worked in a cloud-based environment, such as Azure or AWS.
- Have foundational knowledge of microservice architectures.
- Are interested in helping to build quality earlier into the process.
- Enjoy working directly with engineers and having shared responsibility.
Odyssey is the Social Media Platform that democratizes how news and other content is created and consumed, enriching people’s lives with new, honest, meaningful ideas and enabling businesses to build relationships with more engaged audiences.
Odyssey's engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform. Successful engineers are fast learners of new technologies, passionate about development, and can deliver within deadlines.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us here:
Interested parties should email resumes to our Head of Talent Acquisition, Pam Schloss:
Meet Some of Odyssey's Employees
Connecting brands that are interested in authentically engaging with millennials, Shaun is responsible for driving strategy and ad revenue through integrated brand partnerships.
Back to top