Odyssey is looking for a talented Product Manager to join our growing team. The role will be a key leader in the design, develop and launch of the platform that powers the theodysseyonline.com.
Product Managers work with teams of Engineers and Designers to build products. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate must have excellent leadership skills and the ability to communicate well with others. Organizational, research, and time-management skills are also important; you should be able to meet tough deadlines, handle stress, and have good judgment.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Storage, SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis, GraphQL, Kafka
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker Swarm
- QA: Jes, Selenium WebDriver, Drone (CI)
What we expect of you
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new project ideas and/or product or enhancements
- Lead the product management process which includes product strategy, day-to-day delivery and product release
- Work with the internal teams and tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Present the product release candidates to the leadership team and build the product stories
- Manage the day to day schedule of the product queue
- Work with the team to organize and lead the product release cycle
- Great attention to detail
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Can implement elegant and robust solutions while adhering to coding standard
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Odyssey is the Social Media Platform that democratizes how news and other content is created and consumed, enriching people’s lives with new, honest, meaningful ideas and enabling businesses to build relationships with more engaged audiences.
Odyssey's engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform. Successful engineers are fast learners of new technologies, passionate about development, and can deliver within deadlines.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us here:
Interested parties should email resumes to our Head of Talent Acquisition, Pam Schloss:
Meet Some of Odyssey's Employees
Connecting brands that are interested in authentically engaging with millennials, Shaun is responsible for driving strategy and ad revenue through integrated brand partnerships.
Back to top