Full Stack Engineer
Odyssey is looking for talented full-stack engineer to lead our rapidly growing team in building and developing a reliable, high-volume API infrastructure. Development is focused on back-end APIsl, tools for empowering our editorial process, advertising, content personalization for readers, and analytics which facilitate product distribution. Our projects emphasize redesign (theodysseyonline.com), and our engineers have freedom to take on tasks they find most meaningful and valuable.
We operate in a pseudo-agile manner, a mix of Scrum and Kanban. We empower engineers to allocate a portion of their time to work on what they think is best. We try to minimize meetings and deadlines, and maximize the time spent doing stuff that is fun.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), a Raspberry Pi**
What we expect of you
- Knowledge of at least one web MVC framework, preferably React
- Ability to implement code to improve overall responsiveness and performance of pages
- Assist in the development of standards, methodologies and repeatable processes for delivery of services, and develop product features and requirements
- Analyze business and technical requirements and design solutions that meet those needs
- A little Python or an interest in data science or machine learning. We value cross-functional team members who can lend a hand to our data scientists.
- An interest in usability, accessibility, or design. We want engineers who can bring the UX team’s designs to life, with cool animations and performant design.
- Someone who enjoys optimizing developer experience or server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of platforms like Google Analytics, to watch traffic patterns for our 30M+ unique monthly visitors.
- Azure, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, or an involvement with news, journalism, advertising, or social media.
Launched digitally in June 2014, Odyssey is a social content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices, amplified organically through social media. With more than 12,000 localized content creators and an audience of 30 million monthly unique visitors, Odyssey empowers millennials restless to be heard and audiences eager to listen, presenting a rich diversity of perspectives and views.
We were featured in the Indianapolis Business Journal in a high-tech jobs report, after receiving $25M in 2nd round funding. We recently rebuilt our online platform using our favorite technologies, and kicked off the new start with a beta launch event in New York City.
Read more about us here:
Back to top