Develop Operations Engineer
Odyssey is looking for a talented Develop Operations Engineer to join our growing team. This role is focused on the reliability, repeatability, and scalability of our platform for running theodysseyonline.com. You will work as part of a team to deliver an infrastructure and the tools to support the company and our development team to successfully meet our goals.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker Swarm
- Communication: Slack and robots for alerting
What we expect of you
- Design for the Cloud first with Azure or AWS experience
- Proficient in Linux
- Design approachable solutions that are simple and repeatable
- Irrational exuberance in finding root cause and preventing problems from reoccurring
- Development mindset for production operations
- Be part of an on-call rotation for when things go wrong
- Great attention to detail
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Can implement elegant and robust solutions while adhering to coding standard
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with Docker and the orchestration platforms
- Know your way around Git and deployment methodologies
- Know configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Can write read and write Bash scripts
Odyssey is the Social Media Platform that democratizes how news and other content is created and consumed, enriching people’s lives with new, honest, meaningful ideas and enabling businesses to build relationships with more engaged audiences.
Odyssey's engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform. Successful engineers are fast learners of new technologies, passionate about development, and can deliver within deadlines.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us here:
Interested parties should email resumes to our Head of Talent Acquisition, Pam Schloss:
Meet Some of Odyssey's Employees
Connecting brands that are interested in authentically engaging with millennials, Shaun is responsible for driving strategy and ad revenue through integrated brand partnerships.
Back to top