Develop Operations Engineer
Odyssey is looking for a talented Develop Operations Engineer to join our growing team. This role is focused on the reliability, repeatability, and scalability of our platform for running theodysseyonline.com. You will work as part of a team to deliver an infrastructure and the tools to support the company and our development team to successfully meet our goals.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker Swarm
- Communication: Slack and robots for alerting
What we expect of you
- Design for the Cloud first with Azure or AWS experience
- Proficient in Linux
- Design approachable solutions that are simple and repeatable
- Irrational exuberance in finding root cause and preventing problems from reoccurring
- Development mindset for production operations
- Be part of an on-call rotation for when things go wrong
- Great attention to detail
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Can implement elegant and robust solutions while adhering to coding standard
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with Docker and the orchestration platforms
- Know your way around Git and deployment methodologies
- Know configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Can write read and write Bash scripts
Odyssey is the Social Media Platform that democratizes how news and other content is created and consumed, enriching people’s lives with new, honest, meaningful ideas and enabling businesses to build relationships with more engaged audiences.
Odyssey's engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform. Successful engineers are fast learners of new technologies, passionate about development, and can deliver within deadlines.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us here:
Interested parties should email resumes to our Head of Talent Acquisition, Pam Schloss:
See Inside the Office of Odyssey
Odyssey is a social content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices, amplified organically through social media. Odyssey was founded by two Indiana University students who realized that there was a huge lack of diversity of perspectives and ideas from the millennial generation in the media industry. On a mission to truly democratize content creation and give influencers the opportunity to express themselves and be heard, the pair created a new company called Odyssey.
Back to top