Odyssey is looking for data scientists to join our growing team. Data scientists at Odyssey will have freedom to take on those tasks that they find most meaningful and think will have the largest impact on the product. The organizational structure of the data science team at Odyssey is designed so that you’ll always know what your goals are, but you won’t be bogged down with unnecessary overhead. Essentially, we try to minimize meetings and deadlines, and maximize the time spent doing stuff that is fun and helpful. Our stack is still being developed and will be influenced as much by the business demands as by the skills that each team member brings.
- Programming languages: Python (Anaconda)
- Dev Environment: Linux inside of a Vagrant box
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager
What we expect of you
- A background in analysis, statistics, or machine learning. Note that our current team includes a former biochemist, a former aerospace engineer, and a former astronomer.
- Execute SQL queries
- Solid familiarity with Python
- Ability to communicate analyses in a way that an editor or sales account manager can understand
Bonus points if...
- you’ve used natural language processing tool before (e.g NLTK).
- you are interested or experienced in topic modeling
- you enjoy using platforms such as Google Analytics and Facebook Graph API to watch for traffic patterns for our 30M+ unique monthly visitors.
- you are familiar with Azure services
- you’ve been involved with news, journalism, advertising, or social media.
- have a professional portfolio to show us
Odyssey is a content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices on topics that matter most to you. Odyssey enables content to find its most relevant audience organically.
We were featured in the Indianapolis Business Journal in a high-tech jobs report, after receiving$25M in an equity round. We recently rebuilt our online platform using our favorite technologies, and kicked off the new start with a beta launch event in New York City. We are quickly expanding our technology center in Indianapolis as we are becoming a top tech company in the region.
Back to top