Odyssey is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our growing team. This role is focused on back-end engineering in a distributed environment, with a focus on a combination of SQL and NoSQL solutions to power theodysseyonline.com. You will work as part of a team to deliver an infrastructure and the tools to support the company and our development team to successfully meet our goals. This position would be focused on helping with best practices and project requirements for our data solutions. It will also involve exploring distributed data technologies like GraphQL as well. It will be fun.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Storage, SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis, GraphQL, Kafka
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), Docker Swarm
- QA: Jest, Selenium WebDriver, Drone (CI)
What we expect of you
- Experience with SQL Server or other SQL solutions.
- Knowledge of NoSQL solutions.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, big data, Lambda Architecture,
and other buzzwords
- Great attention to detail
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Can implement elegant and robust solutions while adhering to coding standard
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Bonus points if you...
- Have worked in a cloud-based environment using solutions in Azure or AWS.
- Have foundational knowledge of microservice architectures.
- Have experience with Apache Spark or similar solutions.
- Enjoy working in many areas across the stack.
Odyssey is the Social Media Platform that democratizes how news and other content is created and consumed, enriching people’s lives with new, honest, meaningful ideas and enabling businesses to build relationships with more engaged audiences.
Odyssey's engineering team represents the brain behind our Platform. Every engineer on the team plays a key role in defining, building, and maintaining the platform. Successful engineers are fast learners of new technologies, passionate about development, and can deliver within deadlines.
At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company and your career potential is unlimited. The Odyssey offers a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and flex hours. All benefits listed are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer.
Read more about us here:
Interested parties should email resumes to our Head of Talent Acquisition, Pam Schloss:
Meet Some of Odyssey's Employees
Connecting brands that are interested in authentically engaging with millennials, Shaun is responsible for driving strategy and ad revenue through integrated brand partnerships.
Back to top