Odyssey looking for an innovative Software Architect to join our architectural solutions team in Indianapolis. You are an experienced software engineering leader who thinks strategically, and who wants to be at the forefront of development. As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for crafting engineering analyses and recommendations to solve complex business needs while being a strong advocate for our current design.
- Lead architectural design, trade-offs, and risk-mitigation considerations for project teams
- Plan and execute to ensure the success of complex technical projects
- Work closely with technical and product management
- Drive programs to streamline our platform and improve its adoption
We operate in a pseudo-agile manner. And no, that doesn’t mean "waterfall" with stand-ups. It is more of a mix of Scrum and Kanban. Engineers work autonomously. The majority of your work will come from the product roadmap; however, we do empower engineers to allocate a portion of their time to work on what they think is best. We try to minimize meetings and deadlines, and maximize the time spent doing stuff that is fun.
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, ES6
- Back-end: Node, Express
- Data-layer: Azure Blob Storage, Azure Table Storage, SQL Server
- Infrastructure: Azure Resource Manager, Linux (Ubuntu), a Raspberry Pi**
- A little Python or an interest in data science or machine learning. We value cross-functional team members who can lend a hand to our data scientists.
- An interest in usability, accessibility, or design. We want engineers who can bring the UX team’s designs to life, with cool animations and performant design.
- If you enjoy optimizing developer experience or server infrastructure
- If you like platforms such as Google Analytics, watching traffic patterns for our 30M+ unique monthly visitors.
- Azure, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, or involvement with news, journalism, advertising, or social media.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- experience designing and implementing scalable software architecture.
- languages: Python,
- Proven experience as a leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
Odyssey is a content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices on topics that matter most to you. Odyssey enables content to find its most relevant audience organically.
We were featured in the Indianapolis Business Journal in a high-tech jobs report, after receiving $25M in an equity round. We recently rebuilt our online platform using our favorite technologies, and kicked off the new start with a beta launch event in New York City. We are quickly expanding our technology center in Indianapolis as we are becoming a top tech company in the region.
Read more about us here:
Back to top